Walk to End Alzheimer’s® looked different this year, but our supporters have truly stepped up across the state to keep fighting back against Alzheimer’s and all other dementia. We are so proud of North Carolina, and we can’t thank you enough for your support.
The Association is keeping up the momentum and continuing to raise critical funds and awareness. Since the Walk is everywhere this year, individuals are being encouraged to still register, watch the opening ceremony, walk in their neighborhoods and fundraise on their own. Registrations and donations for 2020 Walk to End Alzheimer’s events will be accepted through December 31, and we need your help to reach our statewide goal for 2020.
To encourage our on-going momentum, we are excited to announce a new challenge! Today through November 30, anyone who raises or donates an additional $300 for a local walk will earn an exclusive N.C. Walk to End Alzheimer’s long sleeve t-shirt. There’s no better way to show your North Carolina pride and your commitment to fight Alzheimer’s and all other dementia.
If you haven’t participated in Walk to End Alzheimer’s yet this year:
Take the first step now by registering at alz.org/walk. You can create your own private Walk Day by watching your local opening ceremony online and tracking your steps with our Walk to End Alzheimer’s mobile app. It’s easy to log in to your Participant Center to connect a Facebook fundraiser, ask your friends and family for their support, and check your fundraising progress.
If you have walked with us this fall:
We are so grateful for the steps you’ve already taken to fund Alzheimer’s research, care and support! In addition to the exclusive state t-shirt up for grabs through November 30, you can earn fundraising incentive prizes through December 31 starting at the $300 level!
Check out these creative fall fundraising ideas as well:
- Love dressing up your fur baby? Host a virtual pet costume contest and charge a donation to participate.
- Have your Halloween jack-o-lanterns seen better days? Invite your friends to participate in a “Punkin Chunkin” contest in exchange for a donation and see who can fling their gourd the furthest.
- Looking for something fun to do? Create an outdoor fall-themed scavenger hunt and invite others (near or far) to participate in exchange for a donation.
- Do you love to cook? Host a virtual cooking class and share your favorite Thanksgiving recipes. Ask for a donation in order to attend.
- Miss seeing your friends? Invite them to drive by and drop off loose change for a “penny parade”!
Whatever you enjoy doing, we encourage you to think of how you can turn it into a safe Walk to End Alzheimer’s fundraiser. Alzheimer’s isn’t giving up, and neither will we.
Thank you, North Carolina for everything you’ve done to support this year’s Walk to End Alzheimer’s!